Friday, January 11, 2013

The joys and sorrows of self publishing


    I didn’t realize how difficult it would be to edit my own writing. I am still finding a few, mostly insignificant errors, but at least one fairly important one – and this is like the millionth edit. Or at least, it feels like it. But the good thing is, I like the results I am getting, being my own publisher/editor/author. (!yup!)
   I really like the font I have chosen. It’s called Verdana. This is Verdana (Normal – 10). I am a reader first, and I don’t have 20-20 eyesight – far from it. I don’t have good light, (we live in a cave), my glasses are old and I usually use Walmart reading glasses. So I check out the ‘readability’ of a book before I check it out.
   I also like the way the book is bound. It opens easy and is not hard to keep open. Have you ever had to fight with a book to keep it open – your hands get tired. It’s bound in a way too, so you can, if you want, fold the pages neatly open, smooth them out, and the book will lie flat’? Pretty cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment