Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Passive Voice

“Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”  - Friedrich Nietzsche

 Nietzsche. How we love him. He gave us the "That which does not destroy us..." cultural icon. Odd, but I recently learned a word for an identifiable "piece" of a culture, I don't know, like the MacDonald arches, or "I'm not comfortable with...", for our culture, but now I can't think of it.
 So, Nietzsche. What about deaf people? Do they think it's a pretty crazy world out there? Okay, I know, can't pick on Nietzsche. Besides, I kind of love him too. I don't know him, really. I read "When Nietzsche wept" by Irvin D. Yalom. Great book! In fact, Yalom is an amazing psychotherapist, read "Love's executioner and other tales of psychotherapy". I think I will, again.
 Lastly. "Those who were seen..."? Is that what's called a passive voice, or what? Later.


 This piece is a response to a prompt from Nostrovia

No comments:

Post a Comment